No products in the basket.
TaylorMade has launched the Burner SuperFast 2.0 driver
Click to View/Buy
Click to View/Buy
TaylorMade has introduced the next-generation Burner SuperFast 2.0 and Burner SuperFast 2.0 TP drivers. The TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 driver is newly shaped to deliver the benefit of TaylorMade’s Dual Crown Technology – designed to create a lower CG to promote a higher launch angle and lower spin-rate, the launch conditions that promote greater distance – but with a more conventional head shape.
In addition, the Burner 2.0 incorporates SuperFast Technology, including a longer shaft, lighter weight and more usable face area. The larger face is important in light of the fact that the longer club-length makes it more challenging for the average player to make square contacts.
The deep face provides more area for impact above the centre of the face, which promotes a higher launch angle and lower spin-rate, the launch conditions that promote long distance.
To improve performance without sacrificing playability, TaylorMade recalibrated the shaft and head mass properties to moderate draw bias with a “measured square” face angle. The high-MOI titanium clubhead also features TaylorMade’s Inverted Cone Technology that expands the area of the clubface which helps deliver high ball speed. The Burner SuperFast 2.0’s white crown and black PVD-finish clubface helps players with their alignment and also eliminates high-intensity “hot spots” caused by reflected sunlight that afflicts gloss-finish metalwoods.
Meanwhile, the Burner SuperFast 2.0 TP differs from the standard model in a three main ways. Firstly, it has a more compact address footprint. Secondly, there’s a single weight port on the toe (the weight is non-movable). Finally, the driver has a slightly open clubface angle.
The TP’s aerodynamic clubhead shape promotes faster swing speed for increased distance, while the open face and weight in the toe enables the driver to be swing-weighted differently than the Burner SuperFast 2.0 to promote a neutral bias.
The Burner SuperFast 2.0 TP is available in three lofts – 8.5°, 9.5°, 10.5° and three shaft flexes – X and S in the Matrix HD6 and R in the Matrix X-Con 5. LH in 9.5 and 10.5. The drivers are available from Golf Direct at www.golf-direct.co.uk.
Taylormade Burner Superfast 2.0 Features:
- The clubhead’s Ultra-Thin Wall (UTW) construction combined with a more triangular address shape and profile shape allow improved performance and playability.
- The larger face is important in light of the fact that the longer club-length makes it more challenging for the average player to make square contact consistently; the larger face provides more area with which to strike the ball.
- To improve performance without sacrificing feel and playability, the TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 enhances playability and a moderate draw bias with a “measured square” face angle.
- The high-MOI titanium clubhead also features TaylorMade’s Inverted Cone Technology, milled directly into the back of a clubface.
- The Inverted Cone expands the area of the clubface that delivers high ball speed, meaning that you can miss the centre of the clubface by a lot and still generate high ball speed and long distance.
- Critical to the Burner SuperFast 2.0 driver’s performance is its Matrix Ozik XCon 4.8 shaft, which is both ultra-light and tip-soft, helping the golfer generate more ball speed, a higher launch angle and more spin to promote more distance.